We live in scary times. The coronavirus pandemic has caught us all unprepared and turned our way of life on its head. With no chance of getting a cure or a vaccine anytime soon, it’s up to all of us to do what we can to protect ourselves and others from this dangerous disease.
Unfortunately, while social distancing is an effective way to limit the spread of COVID-19, the reality is that not everyone can afford to stay at home. As a result, informing yourself on how to maintain good hygiene and stay safe while traveling has become more important than ever.
In the following article, we’ll give you some tried-and-true travel hygiene tips that you can apply regardless of whether you’re using private transportation from San Diego to LAX or riding the bus. Read on to learn more.
How to stay clean when traveling?
Traveling is inherently taxing. In addition to being physically strenuous, it can also interfere with your sleep habits and cause you to come in contact with various microbes and parasites your immune system is unaccustomed to. Being careful and staying hygienic is absolutely vital.
The World Health Organization recommends the following:
- Frequently wash your hands with water and soap, or an alcohol-based hand rub. Soap and water is preferred if the hands are visibly dirty, but if that’s not the case you should use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash your hands ASAP if you come into contact with respiratory secretions.
- When sneezing or coughing, you should cover your mouth and nose with your elbow. Afterward, promptly dispose of a used tissue and wash your hands. If you’re exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (dry cough, fever, tiredness), you should wear a medical mask.
- Don’t touch your face. Viruses can get into your body through your eyes, mouth, and nose, so try to touch these areas as little as possible while traveling.
A word of warning
Some individuals have compromised immune systems, and as a result are much less likely to survive a COVID-19 infection. For this reason, elderly travelers and people who suffer from underlying health conditions or chronic diseases are advised to avoid or delay travel to places that are heavily afflicted with the coronavirus.
Should I wear a medical mask while traveling?
As of this writing, there’s no evidence that a mask of any type can protect you from a coronavirus infection. However, that doesn’t mean it’s useless either (we simply don’t know yet), so it’s up to you to decide whether you want to wear one or not. If you ask us, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
If you decide to wear a medical mask, remember to:
- Fit the mask properly to minimize any gaps between it and your face,
- Refrain from touching the mask while wearing it,
- Avoid reusing single-use masks,
- Dispose of single-use masks immediately after taking them off,
- Always avoid touching the front of the mask,
- Wash your hands thoroughly after removing a used mask.
Who provides first-rate transportation from San Diego to LAX?
Whether you’re organizing a company trip that requires a charter bus, or you’re simply looking to get from the San Diego Airport to your room at the Hotel del Coronado, using private transportation is a good way to ensure you stay safe in these difficult times.
Here at Stay Classy Transportation, we’re proud of our status as the most dependable transportation company in California. Our experienced chauffeurs and high-end vehicles are all you need to make sure you reach your destination comfortably, safely, and on time. Contact us today.