San Diego isn’t called “America’s Finest City” for nothing. Aside from its warm weather, fine restaurants, and wonderful museums, the main reason tens of millions of tourists land at the San Diego airport each year is to visit the city’s many gorgeous beaches.
Whether you’re into surfing, kayaking, sunbathing, or you just want to relax with your loved ones, you can rest assured that San Diego has a perfect beach for you. What’s more, if you use a good car service to and from San Airport, you can be at the beach within an hour after landing.
In the following article, we’ll help you make your trip as memorable as possible by giving you a list of the top beaches in San Diego and telling you how to safely travel there from the airport. Keep reading to learn more.
How far is Downtown San Diego from the airport?
The San Diego International Airport is unusual in more ways than one. Not only is it so big that out-of-town visitors often mistakenly think it’s two airports rather than one, but it’s also located much closer to the city than airports normally are.
It’s located approximately 3.5 miles from the downtown San Diego area. A quality black car or shuttle service that takes all the safe driving precautions can easily get you to the very heart of San Diego in 15 minutes or less.
What is the nicest beach in San Diego?
Every one of the many San Diego beaches is great in its own way. That being said, most people would agree that there are a few beaches that are amazing even by San Diego standards.
These beaches are:
- Coronado Municipal Beach contains four separate beach areas, including Coronado City Beach, Centennial Park, Glorietta Bay Park, and Tidelands Park. Its northernmost parts are pet-friendly, while the family beach has a flat profile that makes it ideal for kite flying.
- Ocean Beach is perfect for dog-lovers because it features a special dog area where pets are allowed to run around without a leash. It also contains the famous fishing spot, Ocean Beach Pier, which doesn’t require a fishing license. Finally, it has a large number of beach bars and restaurants for when you get hungry or thirsty.
- Solana Beach is famous for its numerous surfing hot spots and hidden coves. Fletcher Cove and Seaside, in particular, are excellent for surfing, while the pure white sands of the Tide Beach are a sight you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
- Del Mar City Beach is beloved by families with children. In addition to being dog-friendly, it’s also right next to Seagrove and Powerhouse Parks. This makes it a superb spot for picnics and weddings. The beach also has a mile-long dirt path that lends itself well to jogging and hiking.
- Black’s Beach is a clothing-optional beach that’s known for its stunning scenery and surfing potential. Its secluded nature makes it the go-to choice if you prefer quiet and peaceful beaches.
- Tourmaline Surfing Park is surrounded by tall cliffs and split into surfing and swimming areas. In addition to these activities, it’s also a great place for sailboarding, and is especially beloved by tourists due to its natural beauty.
What’s the best car service to and from San Airport?
Spending the whole day on the beach is a splendid experience, but getting there can be exhausting, especially if you have a flight to catch later in the day. The good news is Stay Classy Transportation is here to solve that problem for you.
We’re a trusted transportation company that offers top-of-the-line vehicles, experienced drivers, children seats, flat and fair pricing, and much more. We’ll take you to and from the San Diego Airport in the most comfortable and time-saving manner imaginable. Call today.