We all love weddings. In addition to all the food, drink, music, and dancing, weddings also give you an opportunity to dress up and see all your friends and family in one place. And of course, if you’re the bride or the groom, your wedding is the most important day of your life.
Because of how festive and carefree a typical wedding is, it’s often easy to forget how much planning even a small wedding takes. Ask yourself: when should you start making plans? Should you hire a wedding car transport service? What venue should you choose?
These are just some of the many common questions people have when planning a wedding. We’re here to help. In this article, we’ll help you organize a truly memorable wedding in San Diego by giving you an easy-to-use step-by-step guide. Read on.
Where do I start when planning a wedding?
Organizing a wedding can seem daunting at first, so it’s best to focus on one task at a time and resist the urge to micromanage. You can also make it easier on yourself by delegating some of the organization to family members and close friends.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to plan a wedding:
- Decide on a budget. Sit down with your parents and other contributors, and discuss what you want and how much it’s going to cost. Set a budget that covers all the essentials while also leaving enough funds to afford a few extras as well.
- Choose the theme. Do you want your wedding to be formal, traditional, rustic, disco-like, or something else entirely?
- Make an estimated guest list. You should have a general idea of how many guests you’re going to invite before you start looking for a venue.
- Narrow down the dates. Decide on a few potential wedding dates early on as this will make finding a venue and gathering your wedding party much easier.
- Choose a wedding party. Bridesmaids and groomsmen have a special role at a wedding, so you want to approach them early on to ensure they’re willing and able to fulfill those roles.
- Pick a venue. Once you have your budget, know what kind of a wedding you want it to be, and have the dates, you can start looking for your dream wedding location. Don’t rush things. Visit the venues in person, read online reviews, and discuss it thoroughly with your spouse-to-be.
- Hire vendors (planner, photographer, florist, videographer, etc.). Make sure to check out online reviews and testimonials to ensure you’re hiring the right people.
- Finalize your guest list and send out invitations at least six to eight weeks before the wedding.
- Get the marriage license and shop for engagement rings. Take some time to find the rings you like that also fit in your budget.
Last but not least, remember to organize transportation for yourself and your guests. The last thing you want is for your friends and family to drive home after partying all day. Likewise, scheduling a limo service for yourself and your soon-to-be significant other will make your wedding day all the more comfortable and memorable.
How far in advance should you plan a wedding?
The average American couple is engaged for 12-13 months. This should be more than enough time to plan every little detail of your wedding. That being said, you can still organize a great wedding in just a few months: just be prepared to pay a little more and not have as much choice when it comes to setting the date.
Where can I book a first-rate wedding car transport service in San Diego?
Located in the Mira Mesa, Stay Classy Transportation is the premier wedding shuttle and limousine service in San Diego. Our seasoned chauffeurs and top-of-the-line vehicles will ensure you, your future spouse, and your guests arrive at the venue comfortably, safely, and in style.
Reach out to us today and get your free quote. We look forward to serving you.