Traveling up the California coast is an experience that everyone should have at least once in their lifetime. In addition to its countless natural beauties, Southern California is also densely populated, so there are many memorable stops you could make while driving or using a professional transportation service from LAX to San Diego Airport.
By planning out your trip from LA to San Diego as if it was its own road trip, you can have a lot of fun along the way and see breathtaking places that you wouldn’t otherwise visit. Just remember to take good care of your health while traveling and use safe travel methods.
With the above in mind, read on to learn about the 6 most memorable locations you can visit during your drive between San Diego and Los Angeles.
What is there to see between Los Angeles and San Diego?
Taking the time to explore the California coast is a great way to take the monotony out of the traditionally dull LA to San Diego drive regardless of whether you’re traveling alone or with your family
Our 6 favorite pit stops on this drive are:
- El Dorado East Regional Park features 6 beautiful lakes that contain an incredible ecosystem full of exotic animals. If you’re looking for something more exciting, you can visit the archery range and get free community classes every Saturday.
- Laguna Coast Wilderness Park gives you an opportunity to see the last remaining coastal canyons in Southern California. The Park features more than 40 miles of trails that lead to beautiful rocky bluffs and water point vistas.
- Dana Point Harbor is often called the “whale capital of the west” because it enables anyone to get onboard a public boat and see whales up close. If watching whales isn’t quite your thing, you can also relax at one of the countless chocolatiers, seafood restaurants, and coffee shops located on the waterfront.
- San Juan Capistrano features numerous old-school western bars, taquerias, and art galleries. Its historic downtown district is famous for its antique shops, Spanish-style architecture, and great restaurants.
- San Clemente Pier is the fishing center of Southern California. If you forgot to bring your fishing pole, don’t worry: you can rent one right at the Pier. Of course, if fishing isn’t your thing, you can enjoy an afternoon at one of the loveliest beaches in the US.
- Gaslamp Quarter contains more than a hundred restaurants, beach shops, and pubs that form the heart of the San Diego nightlife. It’s hard to think of a better place to relax after nearly 130 miles on the road.
How long is a car ride from LA to San Diego?
On average, the ride between Los Angeles and San Diego takes just short of 2 hours. That being said, Southern California is a thickly populated area and as a result you may run into dense traffic during certain times of the day.
In order to avoid becoming stuck in a traffic jam, or getting at your destination late, always take traffic into consideration when planning your trip. Using a tried-and-true private car service is an excellent way to ensure you arrive at your destination in a safe and timely manner.
Where can I book the top transportation service from LAX to San Diego Airport?
Here at Stay Classy Transportation, we specialize in providing world-class private transportation services that include airport transportation, charter and shuttle bus rental, non-emergency medical transportation, and more.
We go out of our way to hire only highly trained chauffeurs with a superb track record, and use exclusively top-of-the-line vehicles equipped with cutting-edge transportation technologies. Contact us today.