It’s an unfortunate reality that millions of US citizens will, at some point during their lives, be forced to deal with one or more debilitating health problems. For some individuals, this can even mean months of arduous physical therapy or after-surgery recovery.
Luckily, superb non-emergency transportation services in San Diego enable these patients to easily get to their medical appointments. But what if you’re bed-bound, or otherwise unable to move on your own? Googling “medical transportation near me” won’t help you if you end up choosing a company that doesn’t offer stretcher transportation.
In this article, we’ll tell you about how to find reliable and comfortable non-emergency transportation that supports patients who need a stretcher. We’ll also touch on some of the other advantages of non-emergency medical transportation. Read on to learn more.
What should I expect from a non-emergency transportation service?
The primary goal of any first-rate non-emergency transportation company is to ensure you get to your medical appointment safely, comfortably, and on time. In addition to this, a top-notch service will include a number of other advantages that will further enhance your experience.
Reputable non-emergency transportation services should include:
- A fleet of modern vehicles that are of the highest quality and include specialized features designed to meet specific needs. For instance, if you require a stretcher, they should have vehicles with spacious interiors outfitted with appropriate clamps that make traveling on a stretcher secure and comfortable.
- Peerless chauffeurs who not only have the appropriate training and an impeccable track record, but also an in-depth knowledge of the area. For example, if you’re going to the UC San Diego Medical Center, your driver should know how to get there in the shortest amount of time.
- Multiple pick-up options are especially important when it comes to non-emergency transportation. After all, being able to choose between being picked up at your home, curbside, or another location will make your stretcher transportation infinitely easier.
- Effortless booking process that can be completed online in a minute or less, from any device, is a must in the 21st century.
- Ongoing communication is crucial when you have a doctor’s appointment to make. A superior non-emergency transportation company should always notify its clients of their driver’s arrival, and make dealing with unexpected delays and last-minute changes as easy as one-two-three.
- Competitive prices are a must, especially when you keep in mind that many US residents already pay through the nose for the medical care they receive. A top-of-the-line non-emergency transportation service should have no hourly minimums and should offer its customers free instant quotes online.
Will Medicare cover my non-emergency transportation expenses?
While Medicare will cover the costs of an eligible patient’s non-emergency medical transport, what exactly makes an individual eligible depends on local regulations. Taking the time to inform yourself about your state’s laws will help you stay within your Medicare coverage, and may even result in you discovering you’re eligible for additional benefits.
The coverage for non-emergency transportation typically includes transportation to and from a doctor’s office, hospital, or another medical facility that supplies Medicare-approved care.
Where can I book dependable medical transportation near me in San Diego?
Here at Stay Classy Transportation, we can proudly say we’re San Diego’s top provider of exceptional non-emergency medical transportation services. We have achieved this status by always going out of our way to maximize the value we give our clients.
In addition to having state-of-the-art vehicles and the very finest chauffeurs in California, we also offer second-to-none stretcher transportation services that will make getting to your destination 100% stress-free.
Book our services today, or give us a call if you’d like to ask further questions. With us on your side, you’ll never be late for your medical appointment.